Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Study Models


CONNECTION
These models were intended to show the connections between spaces. How connections can be organic as well as simple. In my connection collage I am showing a chain link, bridges, the world and, people, and how all of those symbolize connections. In my 1st connection model (going from top down), I'm trying to represent the bridges, and how bridges can connect to each other in this organic fashion. In my second model I was starting to experiment with this idea of connecting separate forms with rubber bands, and trying to work with different levels and structures. And that what led me to my third model of this connection between bridges and rubber bands and almost teeth like structures that could start to resemble different portions of my building. 
  







MATERIAL
My material models were intended to represent the materials that were on my site. 










TYPOLOGY










2 comments:

  1. Please give reference, and explain what these abstract models mean?
    How were these models derived?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good content to unpack here. Your first connection model almost looks like a 3-D visualization. It is a nice job of photography to get that effect. I like the notion in that one. There is potential to create space using the intertwined structural elements. Use caution to not follow the "post-Modern" path unless that is EXACTLY what you are intending to do. The second connection model is similar, yet differs enough to clearly see a second path to Form.

    Although seemingly less developed, I appreciate what you are trying to say with the third connection model.

    Onto the materials models, i am less compelled here. The first one does not tell me anything other than tile mesh and acrylic (i think that is what I am seeing). the arrangement appears arbitrary rather than intentional as in the first series.

    Although quick and easy to work with, foam is sometimes a trap that one can fall into. It is not a tectonic material per se, thus using it as a representational edia can be questionable at times. If you are already exploring sphere packing methodologies, take a gander at Ball-Nogues Studio's "Cradle" or "Talus Dome."

    ReplyDelete